Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 23

Thread: ASH WEDNESDAY

  1. #11
    Inactive Member Briii's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 10th, 2001
    Posts
    409
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I base my thoughts and opinions of all of this from the Bible. I am a Christian. Many people aren't. I realize this. I'm not tryin to come off as some brashmouthed know-it-all that is preaching to the world and telling them, this is the ONLY WAY there is.

    What I am saying is... that is the ONLY WAY there is for ME.

    There... now. I think I'm done posting.
    *L*

  2. #12
    Inactive Member wildnthewind's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 19th, 2002
    Posts
    2,759
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Originally posted by Briii:
    I base my thoughts and opinions of all of this from the Bible. I am a Christian. Many people aren't. I realize this. I'm not tryin to come off as some brashmouthed know-it-all that is preaching to the world and telling them, this is the ONLY WAY there is.

    What I am saying is... that is the ONLY WAY there is for ME.

    <U>There... now. I think I'm done posting.
    *L*</u>
    <font size="4" face="Tempus Sans ITC, Tahoma,sans-serif">[img]frown.gif[/img] Brii.... I hope ya come back and feel free to post anything regarding this thread or any other for that matter... [img]biggrin.gif[/img]

    [img]graemlins/idea.gif[/img] As far as this movie..... I thinks it's gonna maybe unite some folks, especially ones in the middle east,here..etc....Kinda like lettin' them know why some of us believe the way some of us do and the love we try to share over there...

    I'm not sasin' it's a fix... but a start [img]smile.gif[/img]

  3. #13
    Inactive Member SEXY GRAMMA's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 18th, 2002
    Posts
    1,367
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Originally posted by Briii:
    I base my thoughts and opinions of all of this from the Bible. I am a Christian. Many people aren't. I realize this. I'm not tryin to come off as some brashmouthed know-it-all that is preaching to the world and telling them, this is the ONLY WAY there is.

    What I am saying is... that is the ONLY WAY there is for ME.

    There... now. I think I'm done posting.
    *L*
    <font size="4" face="Tempus Sans ITC, Tahoma,sans-serif">

  4. #14
    Inactive Member SEXY GRAMMA's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 18th, 2002
    Posts
    1,367
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    [QUOTE]Originally posted by Briii:
    [qb]I base my thoughts and opinions of all of this from the Bible. I am a Christian. Many people aren't. I realize this. I'm not tryin to come off as some brashmouthed know-it-all that is preaching to the world and telling them, this is the ONLY WAY there is.

    What I am saying is... that is the ONLY WAY there is for ME.

    There... now. I think I'm done posting.

    *L*

    WELL SAID Briii . Amen!
    [img]smile.gif[/img]

    <font color="#600080" size="1">[ February 29, 2004 09:59 PM: Message edited by: SEXY GRAMMA ]</font>

  5. #15
    Inactive Member SEXY GRAMMA's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 18th, 2002
    Posts
    1,367
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    LET US KNOW WHAT YOU THOUGHT Briii.
    [img]graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

    <font color="#600080" size="1">[ February 29, 2004 10:03 PM: Message edited by: SEXY GRAMMA ]</font>

  6. #16
    Inactive Member SEXY GRAMMA's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 18th, 2002
    Posts
    1,367
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    PEOPLE HAVE CONTROVERSEY ABOUT EVERYTHING AND ANYTHING, SO THATS NOTHING NEW. I DON'T SEE IT AS BLAMING THE JEWS, NOR DO I FEEL I'M TO BLAME FOR WHAT WAS DONE TO SLAVES WAY BACK WHEN. AS FOR IT BEING THE VIEW OF THE BIBLE FROM MEL'S POINT, THEIR ARE THOUSANDS OF PEOPLE WHO HAVE THE SAME VIEW. MEL ALSO GIVES THOUSANDS OF DOLLARS TO THE CHURCH AND TO CHARITIES, SO I DON'T THINK MOST PEOPLE WILL MIND IF HE MAKES MONEY FROM IT.
    I DON'T CARE WHO MADE THE MOVIE, THE POINT IS TO BRING OUT GOD'S MESSAGE WHY HE GAVE UP HIS ONLY SON FOR US BECAUSE HE LOVES US SO MUCH. [img]smile.gif[/img]

  7. #17
    Inactive Member 1FINH's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 1st, 2004
    Posts
    963
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    While Mel is one of most favorite actors and even though you say that is the word of the Bible and the Jews will not like being told as the ones who did that to Jesus.. it is based on conflict. Conflict in religions and religious beliefs. If it gets people talking it will get people to teh theater. Wether or not Mel paid for most of the film himself I am sure he will profit from the film and very well as it was in the all time top 7 money $$$ making films rated in opening weekend.

    This is where my "ok so he is telling a good story, buttttttttttttttttttt He is making profit from being controversal" Will it bring the religions together or just drive them apart. Does it add to his beleifs or just gather supports for how he views the Bible??

  8. #18
    Inactive Member Briii's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 10th, 2001
    Posts
    409
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Sorry I didn't make it here yesterday. I was so tired.
    But, I'm here now.
    [img]tongue.gif[/img]

    I was actually a bit nervous about watching this movie.

    There were no trailers before the actual movie... it just began. (which I thought was odd, as usually you have to watch at least 3 to 4 of those before you actually get to watch the movie you paid for)

    I thought it gave an actual portrayal of the events in Jesus's life as read from the bible.

    It was BRUTAL.
    There is no denying that.
    I knew it would be, but.........

    There were slayings, punches, slappings, whippings... I could go on and on... there was not one place on His body untouched.

    During the part of where He is being nailed to the cross, one of the Roman soldiers can't seem to get Jesus's hand to reach the part of the wood that has a premade indention in it. His other hand had already been nailed to the cross so he was not able to move in any way. So... after a few attempts, another Roman soldier sees the first soldier struggling with Jesus's hand to make it go over the hole.... and he pushes the first soldier aside and says "let me show you how its done" and while laughing grips Jesus's arm and begins to pull...... and pull...... and suddenly, you hear this nauseating sudden popping noise, and you can see the shoulder dislocating from His shoulder. It literally made me want to vomit. After he does this, he grabs the spike, and the hammer, and he drives the nail down into His hand.

    He is relentlessly beat from His capture to the end.

    It was heartbreaking to watch.... and there were SO many people crying in the audience.... you would of had to have a heart of stone not to feel anything or to not shed a tear during this movie.
    I shed MANY.

    I give this show a [img]graemlins/thumbs_up.gif[/img] all the way.

  9. #19
    Inactive Member SEXY GRAMMA's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 18th, 2002
    Posts
    1,367
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    THANKS Briii. I TO, LIKE YOU, AM NERVOUS TO SEE IT, BUT I STILL WANT TO.
    [img]smile.gif[/img]

    <font color="#600080" size="1">[ March 01, 2004 03:15 PM: Message edited by: SEXY GRAMMA ]</font>

  10. #20
    Inactive Member wildnthewind's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 19th, 2002
    Posts
    2,759
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Smile

    Originally posted by Briii:
    Pilate was a Roman/Catholic. [img]redface.gif[/img]
    <font size="4" face="Tempus Sans ITC, Tahoma,sans-serif">The nuns failed to mention that in class.... [img]redface.gif[/img]
    Although I think I read somewhere where he did become one later..

    Actually the quote "Roman Catholic Church"
    wasn't in existence at the time... I was raised in this Church and went 4 years in school..

    One of the reasons I haven't seen it yet,is 'cuz I was reminded of his sufferin' on a daily basis while attendin' Catholic school... I'll wait for cable...

    Catholic means universal (just thought I'd throw that in there)


    CYA.... Of course he's gonna make money... That's what he does.. I don't think his motives were just all 'bout money...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •